Commissioner Gray was elected to the Orlando City Commission on June 1, 2012. He has been a resident of Orlando since 1988.
In addition to his role as Commissioner, Jim is the Managing Director- Orlando office of CBRE, the world’s largest Commercial Real Estate services and investments firm.
Prior to CBRE, Jim served as president of GrayPointe Capital, a commercial real estate investment and advisory firm headquartered in Orlando.
Before forming GrayPointe Capital, he spent 12 years with Parkway Properties, a publicly traded REIT specializing in the ownership and operation of high-quality office buildings in 13 cities throughout nine Sunbelt states.
Prior to that, Jim spent 17 years with Wells Fargo Bank managing their real estate, wealth management and commercial lending efforts in Central Florida.
Jim earned his B.A. in finance from the University of Houston in 1982.
Outside of the office, Jim enjoys golf, fishing and traveling.
Other biographical information:
- Veteran, U.S. Air Force
- 31 year resident of Central Florida; 15 years within the City of Orlando
- Licensed real estate Broker in state of Florida
- Over 40 years of commercial real estate experience
- Married to Kathy for 42 years with two grown children, and 3 beautiful granddaughters
- Board of Directors, Orlando Economic Partnership
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Lake Nona Chamber of Commerce
- Member, East Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Lake Nona Rotary Club
- Member, Willow Creek Presbyterian Church
- Past Community Involvement includes: Florida Citrus Sports, Leadership Orlando, Jim Heistand Endowment for UCF Real Estate School, City Arts Factory and Habitat for Humanity